Federal Trucking Regulations
§ 40.225 What form is used for an alcohol test?
(a) The DOT Alcohol Testing Form (ATF) must be used for every DOT alcohol test beginning February 1, 2002. The ATF must be a three-part carbonless manifold form. The ATF is found in Appendix G to this part. You may view this form on the ODAPC web site (//www.dot.gov/ost/dapc).
(b) As an employer in the DOT alcohol testing program, you are not permitted to modify or revise the ATF except as follows:
(1) You may include other information needed for billing purposes, outside the boundaries of the form.
(2) You may use a ATF directly generated by an EBT which omits the space for affixing a separate printed result to the ATF, provided the EBT prints the result directly on the ATF.
(3) You may use an ATF that has the employer’s name, address, and telephone number preprinted. In addition, a C/TPA’s name, address, and telephone number may be included, to assist with negative results.
(4) You may use an ATF in which all pages are printed on white paper. You may modify the ATF by using colored paper, or have clearly discernable borders or designation statements on Copy 2 and Copy 3. When colors are used, they must be green for Copy 2 and blue for Copy 3.
(5) As a BAT or STT, you may add, on the “Remarks” line of the ATF, the name of the DOT agency under whose authority the test occurred.
(6) As a BAT or STT, you may use a ATF that has your name, address, and telephone number preprinted, but under no circumstances can your signature be preprinted.
(c) As an employer, you may use an equivalent foreign-language version of the ATF approved by ODAPC. You may use such a non-English language form only in a situation where both the employee and BAT/STT understand and can use the form in that language.[65 FR 79526, Dec. 19, 2000, as amended at 66 FR 41954, Aug. 9, 2001]