3 Questions Answered About North Carolina Workers' Compensation

1. What should I do if I get injured on the job?
If you are injured on the job the very first step is to notify your supervisor. Make sure that an accident report is filed with the appropriate personnel of your employer. Even if your injuries are not serious you must still report your injuries as they become more problematic at a later date and failing to report them may hinder your claim. In addition if you need medical treatment then request it when you file your report with you employer.

2. Where do I go for treatment for my injuries?
Under the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act the insurance carrier has the right direct the medical treatment. You must find out from either your employer or your insurance carrier where you need to seek treatment. If they will not provide you with treatment then you can seek treatment on your own and then request that the Industrial Commission name this physician as your treating physician.

3. What if I am unable to return to my job due to my injury?
If you are unable to return to your previous position due to your work related injuries then the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act allows for the injured employee to be placed in vocational rehabilitation to be provided by the workers’ compensation carrier. A vocational rehabilitation counselor will be assigned to help the injured employee find suitable employment.

If you have questions about Social Security Disability, learn the 5 Questions About Social Security Disability Hearings Answered here.

About the Author

Hardison & Cochran was established based on the conviction that a modern approach was essential in today’s legal landscape. Focused on delivering exceptional results through a skilled team, the firm prioritizes personal attention, integrity, and client needs. Each attorney, paralegal, and staff member is dedicated to this vision. Over three decades, with Ben Cochran overseeing daily operations, the firm has evolved into a highly respected practice.