Mass Torts Lawyers
The term ‘Mass Torts’ simply means that there was an act of negligence on the part of an individual or a company that resulted in many people being injured or causing death. An example would be a drug company that produced a drug that was not thoroughly tested and as a result people were injured.
Samples of Mass Tort Claims are:
- Improperly tested drugs
- Vehicles with safety hazards known to the manufacturers but not recalled
- Use of hazardous materials in houses (i.e., lead paint, insulation, etc.)
- Medical devices causing injury due to faulty engineering
Personal injury law firms handling mass tort litigation must be involved in a network of nationwide lawyers who work together to bring the negligent parties before the Court. Because there are usually so many claimants, the settlement can ultimately be made by a Court that is a total sum divided by the number of claimants.
Because the general public doesn’t usually know about these types of cases, it is important to be informed.
Hardison & Cochran serves personal injury and accident victims throughout the state of North Carolina, including, but not limited to, Raleigh, Cary, Durham and Fayetteville, NC.
We take great pride in our responsiveness. We will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.
FREE Case Review* Fields Required
- What if i don’t know if there is a claim?
- What should i do if i believe i have been injured due to a defective drug product?
- Results of mass torts?
- Why are mass torts different?
- What do i do if i believe i have been injured with other people as a result of the negligence causing a mass tort claim?
- See all FAQs