People injured in car accidents often face significant financial hardships. One of the most common questions that accident victims ask is how much to expect from a car accident settlement. The honest answer is that it depends on many factors including the severity of the injuries, the degree of fault, and the insurance policies available to provide compensation.
At Hardison & Cochran, our car accident attorneys know that every serious accident is a unique event, and we approach each case that way. We will evaluate the details of the automobile accident and the extent of your losses. We will have a better idea of the value of your case after we review your medical bills, loss of income and identify the insurance policies available to compensate you.
If another driver caused a crash that injured you, you deserve to be fairly compensated for your injuries and trauma. Our attorneys are committed to helping you pursue the full compensation available by North Carolina law.
Average Car Accident Settlement in North Carolina
There is no true average car accident settlement in North Carolina. A car accident settlement will generally depend on the severity of a victim’s injuries, the number of vehicles involved, and the nature of the accident. Comparing your accident claim to another person’s claim can give you a false expectation as to a settlement. No other case will be exactly like your case.
At Hardison & Cochran, we never take a cookie-cutter approach to car accident claims for this reason. You deserve to work with an attorney who will thoroughly review the merits of your case and seek compensation that will cover your financial losses.
Car Accident Settlement Examples
At Hardison & Cochran, we actively seek maximum compensation for the clients we represent. We understand the financial toll that a significant car accident can take on a victim. You should not be saddled with medical debt for injuries caused by another driver’s negligence. That is why we will fight aggressively for just settlements to help our clients recover both physically and financially.
Our attorneys strive to achieve favorable outcomes at the negotiating table and in the courtroom. But the results of past cases are not predictive of the value of your case. But they do reflect our experience handling personal injury cases involving significant injuries.
We invite you to review a sampling of the car accident settlements we have obtained for North Carolina car accident victims including:
- $300,000 for an accident involving head injuries
- $300,000 for an accident that resulted in fatal injuries
- $225,000 for injuries resulting in a four-day hospital stay
- $225,500 for back, neck, knee, and ankle injuries sustained by a police officer
- $190,000 for an accident involving a skull fracture, brain injury, and facial nerve paralysis
- $180,000 for an accident involving head injuries and a fractured chest
- $175,000 for injuries that required eye surgery
- $165,000 for an accident involving back and chest injuries
- $130,000 for an accident involving a fractured thigh bone
Factors That May Affect a Settlement
Some of the factors that may affect the amount of compensation you may seek include:
- The severity of the injuries involved
- The number of victims involved
- Whether your injuries will require future medical treatment
- Whether the victim is able to earn income while recovering
- Whether the fault is clear or contested in the accident
- The amount of responsibility each party bears for causing the accident
- The insurance coverage available to pay
- How long a victim is willing to wait for a settlement
It is crucial to talk to your attorney about your options for seeking compensation after a car accident.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney for Help
Interested in finding out the potential value of your car accident claim? Get in touch with an experienced North Carolina car accident attorney at Hardison & Cochran today. Our team will work with you to help you seek just compensation for your injuries. For a free initial strategy session, call our office at 252-333-3333 or contact us online.