Are There Safety Measures that I Can Take to Prevent an Accident?
- Wear a life jacket and make sure everyone on the vessel has one available to them
- Don’t drink alcohol or be under the influence of drugs while boating
- Seek out boating safety classes in your area
- Regularly check your safety equipment to make sure it is properly functioning
- Be alert to the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Be aware of others on or around the waterway while operating your boat
For more information on safe boating, please see our Safety & Information page.