Protect Your Rights
If you or someone you love is the victim of a dog bite, the following steps can protect your rights and increase your chances of receiving compensation for your injuries.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible to prevent further injury or infection.
- Request any and all relevant documentation about your injury from the doctors during your visit, it may be difficult to obtain later.
- Be able to identify the dog that bit you.
- Record the owner’s name, address and any other valid information regarding the dog.
- If there were any witnesses, get their names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Be sure to take photos of all wounds, bruises, clothing, and shoes.
- If the owner is insured, try and obtain the dog owner’s insurance information.
Make sure you gather as much information and evidence as possible. The more proof you have the stronger your case will be. Contact our dog bite attorneys about your injuries. We can answer your questions and help you get through this difficult time.