Car Accident Lawyer Serving Fayetteville
Car accidents are, unfortunately, a common occurrence in Cumberland County. Fayetteville is one of the most dangerous cities for motorists in North Carolina, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. But nothing about a car accident seems common when one happens to you.
A car crash can turn your life upside down in a matter of seconds. It can leave you with debilitating or life-altering injuries that can place a heavy financial burden on you and negatively affect your ability to work and the quality of your life.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Fayetteville that was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to seek financial compensation for the harm that you’ve suffered. An experienced Fayetteville car accident lawyer at Hardison & Cochran can help you seek a full financial recovery.
For more than 30 years, the attorneys at Hardison & Cochran have dedicated themselves to advocating for people injured in car crashes in Fayetteville and throughout North Carolina. An initial consultation to review your accident is free. Call or contact our firm today to discuss your options for pursuing financial compensation after a car crash.
Car Accident Lawyers Serving Fayetteville, North Carolina
At Hardison & Cochran, our Fayetteville, NC car accident lawyers and staff place their focus on putting our clients first and making a difference in their lives during difficult times.
Our firm focuses on personal injury cases, which means our legal team has extensive knowledge of personal injury law and the type of evidence needed to pursue a car accident claim. We’ve earned an outstanding reputation among our peers in the legal community for the legal services we provide clients in personal injury cases.
To serve our fellow North Carolinians, we have offices throughout North Carolina, including in Raleigh, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Southern Pines, Durham, Wilmington, and Dunn. We also believe in giving back to our community, and we regularly partner with the Autism Society of North Carolina to support their work.
What Types of Injuries Can Be Compensated?
Car accidents can result in a wide variety of bodily injuries.
The types of injuries commonly suffered in Fayetteville car crashes include:
- Severe lacerations and excessive blood loss
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Tendon strains, ligament sprains, or muscle tears
- Neck and back injuries, including herniated or ruptured spinal discs
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burns and smoke inhalation injuries—when a car accident leads to a fire
In a car accident claim, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for expenses and losses that you incur due to the crash and your resulting injuries.
You may seek compensation for:
- Medical bills for emergency room visits, surgeries and other medical procedures, doctor’s appointments, prescription medications, and physical therapy, along with other out-of-pocket expenses for equipment such as braces, crutches, or a wheelchair and for transportation costs to appointments.
- Long-term or permanent disabilities, expenses related to home-health or long-term care services, or costs of home renovation to accommodate your disabilities.
- Lost wages and income for time that you miss from work while receiving treatment for and recovering from car accident injuries.
- Lost future expected income or loss of earning ability and lost benefits like health insurance or pensions if a disability interferes with your ability to return to the workplace.
- Repair costs or cash value for damaged or destroyed property, like your car or vehicle that was involved in the accident.
- Physical pain caused by your injuries.
- Emotional trauma and distress.
- Reduced quality of life due to the consequences of your injuries, like permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Your spouse’s or family’s loss of your companionship due to your accident injuries.
How We Pursue a Car Crash Claim in Fayetteville
When you choose Hardison & Cochran to help you with your Fayetteville car accident claim, you can expect our attorneys to guide you through the legal process by:
- Taking the time to listen to your story, learning from you about how the accident occurred, what injuries and other personal losses you have suffered, and what needs you have that a car accident claim can address. We make sure to answer your questions about the legal process. We will review the circumstances of your injury and go over your legal options. We seek to provide honest advice about your rights to compensation and discuss what you should expect.
- Working on a contingency fee basis—We recognize the financial stress that being injured in a car accident can cause if you have significant medical bills and your ability to work is disrupted. You will never need to worry about upfront fees or out-of-pocket legal costs with us. We only get paid a legal fee if we secure financial compensation for you.
- Helping you to get the medical treatment you need for your injuries and communicating with insurance companies and medical providers on your behalf.
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the crash to recover all available evidence. We collaborate with investigators and accident reconstruction experts to help build a persuasive case to show how the accident occurred and how the other side caused the crash. We also identify other potentially liable parties, such as an at-fault driver’s employer, or a bar or restaurant that overserved an intoxicated driver. We will look for all available sources of financial compensation, including determining the coverage limits of applicable insurance policies.
- Preparing all necessary insurance claims and legal paperwork in your case.
- Sending demand letters and aggressively negotiating with insurance companies for fair and full compensation in a settlement.
- Preparing your case to go to trial. Being ready for trial helps give us an advantage in settlement negotiations. The other side knows we are prepared to go to court to give you the best opportunity at maximum recovery.
- Ensuring that all your legal concerns are resolved—even after we have secured a settlement or verdict in your favor. This includes helping you with healthcare or workers’ compensation liens on your car accident claim recovery.
What You Should Do After an Automobile Accident in Fayetteville
After you have been involved in a car crash in Fayetteville, such as a multi-car accident, you can start taking action to protect your legal rights and interests. These actions will help to get you financial compensation for your personal injuries and property damage you suffered because of the accident. Here is a list of what you should do after a car accident:
- Remember to exchange contact, license, and insurance information with each of the motorists involved in the crash. Make a note of the make, model, color, and license plate number of each vehicle.
- If it is safe to do so, take photos and video of the accident scene, including the presence of any skid marks, the traffic controls at the scene, and whether any driver had any visual obstructions. Document the damage to the vehicles and their positions after the crash. Note the lighting, weather, traffic, and road conditions, too. Finally, take photos soon after the accident of any visible injuries you may have sustained.
- Get an examination by medical professionals as soon as possible, whether by visiting the emergency room or making an appointment with your primary care physician. It is important to document all injuries that you may have suffered in the accident—even if they aren’t causing you a lot of pain or other symptoms, and even if they seem minor at the time
- Follow your provider’s treatment instructions. If you delay treatment, you can give the other side a reason to argue that you were not as seriously injured as you claim, that your injuries were not actually caused by the accident, or that you have allowed your injuries to worsen through inaction.
- Start a journal to document the impact that your injuries and medical treatments have on your personal and professional life.
- Do not discuss the accident with family and friends or on social media. Avoid posting photos or videos of yourself doing anything active while you are still receiving medical treatment for your car accident injuries. Insurance companies often use accident victims’ social media postings to try to undercut their credibility.
- Make time to speak to a Fayetteville car accident lawyer at Hardison & Cochran to go over your rights and options. When you do, you will learn about the next steps for pursuing your claim for financial compensation from those at fault for the crash and your injuries.
Contact a Car Collision Attorney in the Fayetteville, NC Area
If you have been injured in a car accident in Fayetteville, NC that was caused by someone else, turn to Hardison & Cochran today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a knowledgeable car accident attorney.
Contact us to learn about your rights and options for filing a legal claim for compensation for your injuries and losses. We’ll be ready to discuss the next steps you and our firm can take to begin pursuing the compensation you need and the justice you deserve.