Each year thousands of children are rushed to the emergency room after swallowing medicine that is not intended for them. To very small children some pills can even look like candy. If you have prescription pills in your house, make sure to lock them up. Please view the video below produced by the FDA on more information about locking up your medicine. Also check out some of the links below the video for more tips on keeping your medicine safe from children.
- Keeping Medicine Out of Reach By Room (Tylenol)
- 10 Ways to Keep Medicine Out of Reach of Children (Tylenol)
- Lock It Up: Medicine Safety in Your Home (FDA)
- Keep Medicine Away From Children (Vicks)
- Keep Medicine Away From Kids (Sheknows.com)