Scotland County Accident & Injury Attorneys
Our Scotland County, North Carolina lawyers handle each case as if it were going to trial. Because of this, the insurance companies know that we have our facts together and are prepared to go to trial if needed.
If you have been injured by the negligence of another, or involved in an accident you need the strong, experienced representation of Hardison & Cochran — to protect your rights!
Our Scotland County, NC lawyers have successfully represented those injured by car accidents, tractor trailer accidents, and other injury lawsuits. Since serious injuries may frequently lead to disability, we are also experienced at representing workers’ compensation and social security disability claims.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you are certain to have many questions. Below are the answers to the most frequent questions we receive. Please feel free to call our office with any questions you might have. Our attorneys are here to assist you.
- What should I do immediately following a car accident?
- Should I take the settlement my insurance company is offering me?
- What issues will I face in making a claim for my injuries sustained in an auto accident?
- What if I cannot afford to pay my medical bills?
- When will my personal injury claim be resolved?
- I did not feel pain at the scene and refused medical treatment. Now, a few days later I am in pain. What should I do?
- My son was rear-ended and the other driver claimed my son caused the accident. How does the law decide what is being rear-ended?
- If I’m involved in an accident, do I have to tell the insurance company about it right away or can I try to handle it on my own?
- What if I witness an accident?
- I loaned my car to a friend who was involved in an accident. Am I liable if my friend was at fault?
- Can a passenger in the car recover for injuries caused by the driver?
- How do insurance adjusters operate?
- If I am sued, will my insurance company defend me in court?
- I gave a recorded statement to the insurance company of the woman who hit my car. Now I’m thinking about getting legal representation. Is there a problem?
- I injured somebody in an accident. The insurance company refused to settle within my policy limits. The jury awarded damages in excess of my policy limits. Must I pay the excess instead of the insurance company?
- I was injured in a crash where a truck driver was at fault. Can I receive money for time I missed at work?
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury
Latest Scotland County, NC Headlines
May 7, 2013
As the three Cleveland women continue to share their stories of survival after they were abducted and held captive for 10 years, NewsChannel 12 revisits cases of missing women in Eastern Carolina. ...Keep Reading
May 1, 2013
A memorial service took place Tuesday for Luther Haggins, 92, at First Baptist Church in the Red Springs community of Robeson County. ...Keep Reading
April 26, 2013
Contributed ...Keep Reading
April 19, 2013
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- We invite you to follow WWAY Sports on twitter @wwaysports -------------- WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- We've posted scores and notes from Thursday's high school action below. On our 11 sports we showcased Hoggard vs. Laney in soccer. HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS SOCCER NEW BERN AND NEW HANOVER TIED 1-1 IN DOUBLE OT LILY HERRING SCORED THE ONLY GOAL FOR THE WILDCATS CAPE FEAR ACADEMY ... ...Keep Reading