When you get involved in a car accident in Raleigh or elsewhere in North Carolina, a lawyer can protect your rights and help in your recovery. If another driver caused your auto accident, the attorney can pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses. While your lawyer goes to work for you, you can focus on getting better and getting on with your life. To learn more about your rights and options, contact Hardison & Cochran. We will provide a free, in-depth review of your case and answer your questions. Simply call or submit our online form today. We’ll speak with you right away or respond within 24 hours.
What Can I Do After a Car Accident in NC?
By coming to our website, you have already taken one of the most important steps after a car accident: Getting information. There any many other key steps you can take at this point:
- See your doctor – If you were not immediately taken to the hospital, you should go to the emergency room or visit your doctor without delay. Even if you don’t think you are hurt, you may be suffering from serious internal injuries. Explain to the doctor how your accident happened and describe any health problems you are experiencing.
- Get a copy of the police report – If the police responded to your crash, then an officer prepared an accident report. This report will contain crucial information about your crash. You can simply call the local or state law enforcement agency and ask for a copy.
- Call your insurance company – You need to report your accident to your auto insurance company right away. You should also notify the other driver’s insurer of the accident. Provide only basic information. Do not make any statements. Also, do not sign any forms unless an attorney has reviewed them first.
- Gather your records – Compile all information you have about your crash. This could include the other driver’s contact, license and insurance information. It could also include the names of witnesses and photos you took of the crash scene. You should gather proof of all medical bills, car repair / rental and other expenses.
What Can a Lawyer Do After a Raleigh, NC Car Accident?
Taking the above steps will help to prepare you for your free consultation with Hardison & Cochran. When you come to us, we will:
- Listen to you – We will take the time to hear how your crash occurred, what happened to you and why you want to take legal action. We can address any questions you have. We can also let you know what to expect as your case moves forward.
- Make sure your transportation and medical needs are met – We can work with insurance companies and healthcare providers to make sure your two most pressing needs are addressed after a wreck: Getting your car repaired or replaced and getting medical treatment you need.
- Investigate your case – We can use investigators and experts to determine how your crash occurred and who should be held responsible. For instance, we can look at whether speeding, drunk driving, drowsy driving or distracted driving played a role. We can also investigate whether the at-fault driver’s employer should be liable, or whether a bar or restaurant who served alcohol to the driver should be sued.
- Take care of all necessary paperwork – We can file all required documents with the insurance companies and the courts. We will make sure all deadlines are met so that your case proceeds as smoothly as possible.
- Seek a settlement or go to court – We can establish a solid case on your behalf. This will give us leverage when we pursue a full, fair and timely settlement with the insurance companies. If a settlement isn’t reached, we will be ready to fight for you in court.
- Resolve all liens on your recovery – If your case ends in a verdict or settlement, we can ensure that all healthcare liens, workers’ compensation liens or other claims to your recovery are properly and promptly resolved so you can move on.
Contact Our Raleigh Car Accident Attorneys Today
For more than 30 years, Hardison & Cochran has been helping car accident victims and their families in Raleigh and throughout North Carolina. We will seek a maximum recovery for you. If we do not obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf, we won’t charge for our legal services.
Because North Carolina places time limits on bringing personal injury or wrongful death claims after an auto accident, you should act without delay. Contact us right away to get started.