Brunswick County Accident & Injury Attorneys
Our Brunswick County, North Carolina lawyers handle each case as if it were going to trial. Because of this, the insurance companies know that we have our facts together and are prepared to go to trial if needed.
If you have been injured by the negligence of another, or involved in an accident you need the strong, experienced representation of Hardison & Cochran - to protect your rights!
Our Brunswick County, NC lawyers have successfully represented those injured by car accidents, tractor trailer accidents, and other injury lawsuits. Since serious injuries may frequently lead to disability, we are also experienced at representing workers’ compensation and social security disability claims.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you are certain to have many questions. Below are the answers to the most frequent questions we receive. Please feel free to call our office with any questions you might have. Our attorneys are here to assist you.
- What should I do immediately following a car accident?
- Should I take the settlement my insurance company is offering me?
- What issues will I face in making a claim for my injuries sustained in an auto accident?
- What if I cannot afford to pay my medical bills?
- When will my personal injury claim be resolved?
- I did not feel pain at the scene and refused medical treatment. Now, a few days later I am in pain. What should I do?
- My son was rear-ended and the other driver claimed my son caused the accident. How does the law decide what is being rear-ended?
- If I’m involved in an accident, do I have to tell the insurance company about it right away or can I try to handle it on my own?
- What if I witness an accident?
- I loaned my car to a friend who was involved in an accident. Am I liable if my friend was at fault?
- Can a passenger in the car recover for injuries caused by the driver?
- How do insurance adjusters operate?
- If I am sued, will my insurance company defend me in court?
- I gave a recorded statement to the insurance company of the woman who hit my car. Now I’m thinking about getting legal representation. Is there a problem?
- I injured somebody in an accident. The insurance company refused to settle within my policy limits. The jury awarded damages in excess of my policy limits. Must I pay the excess instead of the insurance company?
- I was injured in a crash where a truck driver was at fault. Can I receive money for time I missed at work?
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury
Latest Brunswick County, NC Headlines
May 23, 2013
Detectives with the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office are asking for the public's help in locating a tractor trailer and lowboy trailer. ...Keep Reading
May 21, 2013
There is a new kind of school bus in Brunswick County, one that runs on propane instead of diesel. Brunswick County was one of two counties picked to test drive the new ...Keep Reading
May 21, 2013
Pat Clark discovered the dog early Saturday morning. She called animal control to report it. The deputy on duty told her that because it was the weekend, someone would get the dog on Monday. ...Keep Reading
May 21, 2013
By: Adam Wagner Adam.Wagner@StarNewsOnline.com BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC ( StarNewsOnline.com ) -- Brunswick County’s 900 employees will receive a long-awaited pay raise, as the board of commissioners on Monday approved an across-the-board raise for the next fiscal year. “I am still of the opinion if you look at the unemployment rate of Brunswick County, we aren’t out of this mess yet,” said ... ...Keep Reading
May 21, 2013
BOLIVIA, NC (WWAY) -- Brunswick County Commissioners named Ann Hardy to be the next county manager, according to a county leader familiar with the situation. The former county finance director recently took over as interim manager when County Manager Marty Lawing left to accept a job in Guilford County. The decision was made late last night during a commissioner's meeting. Photo courtesy: Port ... ...Keep Reading
May 20, 2013
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- A Southport woman is suing a funeral home owned by Brunswick County's coroner claiming her husband's remains were desecrated. Jenny Dunn's husband Shep died in 2011. She had Peacock-Newnam & White Funeral and Cremation Service, owned by Coroner Greg White, handle the arrangements, agreeing that Shep's remains would be cremated, his ashes divided into two for two ... ...Keep Reading
May 20, 2013
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- A Brunswick County man is in jail charged with crimes against nature involving a dog. Investigators arrested the man around 12:41 Monday morning. According to a warrant, investigators say some time in March Jeffrey Edward Bynner, 24, of Ash, "unlawfully, willfully and feloniously did commit the abominable and detestable crime against nature with a chihuahua dog." A ... ...Keep Reading
May 20, 2013
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- Brunswick County Schools Superintendent Edward Pruden has been named the 2013-2014 Southeast Regional Superintendent of the Year. The honor is voted on by the 14 public school superintendents that comprise the Southeast Region Superintendents' Council. "I am so proud of Dr. Pruden," Brunswick County Board of Education Chairman Charlie Miller said in a news release ... ...Keep Reading
May 15, 2013
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- A Northwest Police officer has been arrested on a prostitution charge, according to a SBI spokeswoman. Michael Hayes was arrested this morning and charged with one count of solicitation of a minor for prostitution and one count of filing a false report and given a $5,000 bond, according to Jennifer Canada with the NC Department of Justice. Canada says the SBI was ... ...Keep Reading
May 13, 2013
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- A Boiling Spring Lakes man is looking for answers after he says the county took land that he owned. Eminent domain lets government take ownership of private property for public use in exchange for fair market value. And that's where the problem lies in this case. Dan lichty has lived in Boiling Spring Lakes for nearly 35 years. He has spent the last few years ... ...Keep Reading